Re: Database reorg in Oracle 8?

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 22:01:32 GMT

The number of extents is irrelevant to performance. Stop perpetuating a myth. Heiko needs to determine why his performance is terrible. Currently, Heiko is operating on pure guesswork and causing himself a lot of extra work. Determine the cause of the performance problem and focus on fixing that.
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure