Re: Oracle SErver Sparc/Solaris 8.1.7 Help Help

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 17:49:55 GMT

A few additional questions:

jj wrote:

> Dear everybody,
>
> After i upgrade my oracle to 8.1.7, i encounter a problem that some Oracle
> process consume high cpu utilization. It makes no one can connect to the
> Oracle.

Which verion & options. (Copy the 'splash' incformation that gets displayed when you connect using SQL*Plus. You will see 'Standard Edition' or 'Enterprise Edition', a version number (8.1.7.x.x) and some options listed. This helps determine the patch level and whether it's a fixed problem.

I assume this is affecting a production system - what has Oracle's support group suggested in response to your TAR ... we don't want to duplicate their effort.

Is this happening at startup only, or is it 'random' after the database has been ruunning for a while?
- If it's startup only, how do you stop the database? - If it's random, what are the users/DBAs/developers doing?

Is there any information or hint in the Alert log? Are user or background logs generated? Received on Sun Jun 08 2003 - 12:49:55 CDT