Re: Oracle Server - HELP HELP

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 17:41:25 GMT

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> There could be dozens of reasons for this behaviour. Without secondary
> information, including the operating system, the exact verion (8.1.7.?.?) and a
> review of the Alert.log, it is very very difficult to tell why the problem
> might be happening.
>
> But - if I understood correctly - the problem if a very long delay between when
> you start the database and when the database is actually available for the
> users to access. In which case, additional questions include: what kinds of
> transactions are occuring and how was the database taken offline. (Eg: In a
> high transaction volume environment, shutdown abort / killing the processes /
> pulling the plug might require significant recovery before making the DB
> acessible.)
>
> WIthout knowing the OS, I could not even recommend the right tool set to
> analyze the problem.

Apologies - just noticed the post with the reference to SunCluster 3 & 8.1.7 release 3.

By the way - 8.1.7 and release 3 are the same marketing name - please get into SQL*Plus and copy the version and option information on the startup 'splash'.

Now - moving over to the new thread you started ..... Received on Sun Jun 08 2003 - 12:41:25 CDT