Re: Oracle Server - HELP HELP

From: Mladen Gogala <mgogala_at_adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Jun 2003 17:12:14 GMT

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 20:26:11 +0800, jj wrote:

> Dear Anton,
>

>> And it comes back when Oracle is up and running for some time?

> YES
>
>> Can you identify what process it is: a background process or is it from a
>> session?

> It should be a session.

Should be a session? Find a process id of the top CPU consumer, go to the sqlplus and find out from v$process which process that is. Then join it with v$session (ADDR=PADDR) and find out the rest about that process. V$SQLAREA and V$SQLTEXT will give you the SQL executed by that process. You should have that in top sessions monitor.

>> Which platform? On Unix I would use top to see the process name. When it

> is
>
> Sparc/Solaris 8 on Suncluster 3.0, I used TOP to see the process ID, but i
> can't connect to Oracle already.

Suncluster? Are you using OPS? If you are, then you should involve oracle support immediately. OPS matters are far to serious to try resolving them by appealing to this group.

--
Mladen Gogala
Software is like sex, it is better when it is free.