Re: How to set up shared servers?

From: Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 22:52:47 GMT

On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 23:59:27 +0200, Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote:

>On Sat, 07 Jun 2003 19:44:17 GMT, Peter <peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca>
>wrote:

>>>Big sigh Oracle 9i still uses net8.
>>>

>>If oracle9i uses net8, then how come the trcroute utility cannot be
>>found in the \bin directory? trcroute is supposed to be part of net8,
>>right?
>>

>You seem to have trouble accepting others responses, don't you?
>Don't you think, as a relative newbie, you can misinterpret what you
>read. Yet you seem to know everything better! So how you want to be
>helped out. We are spending considerable effort to get you on to
>track, but you are asking to be PLOINKed.

No, not at all.

I still have this (server=shared) problem. The loopback is not the problem when I did this on the test machine. It is when I included the (server=shared) to my (connect_data) in the tnsname.ora file that caused the problem.

Thanks for your help Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 17:52:47 CDT