Re: Oracle Server - HELP HELP

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 07 Jun 2003 14:06:03 +0200

On Sat, 7 Jun 2003 19:24:02 +0800, "jj" <14g_at_hongkong.com> wrote:

>Dear everybody,
>
>After i upgrade my oracle to 8.1.7, i encounter a problem that some Oracle
>process consume high cpu utilization. It makes no one can connect to the
>Oracle.
>
>When i want to check what the process is running, the process completed and
>next process started to consume CPU resources.
>The problem disappear when i restart the Oracle
>
>Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
>How can i trace this problem?
>
>Regards,
>Lewis_at_zone1511.net

This is the usual post without any useful clue. What is the *version* (8.1.7 doesn't tell anything, especially if you installed from CD the 8.1.7.0.0 version) Which platform and version?

You should be capable, using v$sesstat to check which sessions consume the most cpu. v$session holds the sql_hash_value and the sql_address of the currently executing statement.
You can find that statement, including resources it is consuming in v$sql_area
and the full text in v$sqltext_with_newlines

Hth

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 07:06:03 CDT