Re: Oracle Server - HELP HELP

From: Anton Buijs <remove_aammbuijs_at_xs4all.nl>
Date: Sat, 7 Jun 2003 14:02:40 +0200

jj <14g_at_hongkong.com> schreef in berichtnieuws bbsi0q$i464_at_rain.i-cable.com...
| Dear everybody,
|
| After i upgrade my oracle to 8.1.7, i encounter a problem that some Oracle
| process consume high cpu utilization. It makes no one can connect to the
| Oracle.
|
| When i want to check what the process is running, the process completed
and
| next process started to consume CPU resources.
| The problem disappear when i restart the Oracle
|
| Can anyone tell me what's wrong?
| How can i trace this problem?
|
| Regards,
| Lewis_at_zone1511.net

And it comes back when Oracle is up and running for some time? Can you identify what process it is: a background process or is it from a session?
Which platform? On Unix I would use top to see the process name. When it is for example ora_snp<n>_<SID> it is a job that's running (query DBA_JOBS or DBA_JOBS_RUNNING).
From what version did you upgrade?
Check alert log and look for possible trace files in udump or bdump directory of ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log dir, maybe you find some info there. Received on Sat Jun 07 2003 - 07:02:40 CDT