oemctl - getting the oracle management server started

From: Ole <oviaudmurat_at_web.de>
Date: 6 Jun 2003 11:10:55 -0700

Hello everybody,
i hope that there is someoneelse who had had the same problem: I installed oracle 9.2.0.1.0 on Debian 3.0 r2.

Further i installed the jre 1.4.1

i had to edit the bash scripts, which start the oracle applications, such as oemapp, netca and so on, so that they use the newer java runtime. Before i did this, the applications crashed with a SIGSEGV 11* error.
But now i have another problem.

I installed an oem_repository in a seperate database as proposed, ( ORACLE_SID = OEMREP ) and
created all the necessary tables, views and so on. ( The repository ) Now i want to start the management server with "oemctl start oms". But the attempt to start it times out and gives a pointer to the oms.nohup file, shown below.

btw, i changed the link $ORACLE_HOME/JRE thus, that it points to the new jre

JRE -> /usr/local/jre1.4.1

According to the oms.nohup file below:
may it be, that the line

ORBSingleton: access deniedjava.lang.SecurityException: ORBSingleton: access denied

means, that ORBSingleton is not allowed to create an instance of some class ?
Do i have to install another proprietary java class ? Or do i have to allow
access to a certain port, that may then be used from the object request broker (
i assume that orb stands for it )

My java knowledge is not very advanced.

I would be very glad, if someone could give me a hint or solution.

Thanks in advance

output of /ora01/product/9.2.0.1.0/sysman/log/oms.nohup :

Starting the management server at Fri Jun 6 19:53:12 CEST 2003 OEMCTL for Linux: Version 9.2.0.1.0 Production Copyright (c) 1998, 2002, Oracle Corporation. All rights reserved. Starting the Oracle Management Server... Error starting Oracle Management Server. ORBSingleton: access deniedjava.lang.SecurityException: ORBSingleton: access denied

        at com.sun.corba.se.internal.corba.ORBSingleton.connect(ORBSingleton.java:330)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingContext.<init>(VxnNamingContext.java:285)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingContext.getNewContext(VxnNamingContext.java:222)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getInitialContext(VxnNamingService.java:1072)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.enableBootstrap(VxnNamingService.java:1080)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.init(VxnNamingService.java:238)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getNamingService(VxnNamingService.java:103)
        at oracle.sysman.vxn.VxnNamingService.getNamingService(VxnNamingService.java:112)
        at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.initServer(VxaAppServer.java:3417)
        at oracle.sysman.vxa.VxaAppServer.main(VxaAppServer.java:3048)
OMS exited on Fri Jun 6 19:53:14 CEST 2003 with return value 56 Could not start management server. Initialization failure Received on Fri Jun 06 2003 - 13:10:55 CDT