Re: OT: was What kind of a DBA are you? - what's your poison?

From: Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_nopsam.yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 17:09:40 GMT

Noons wrote:
> "Glen A Stromquist" <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
>

>>spread enough in ages that I will always have a teenager in the house
>>for the next 17 years without a break :-O

> Hehehe! I've only got 10 years to go... ;)
>
> Then the grandkids start! I'm afraid the
> days of sports cars are well and truly over for me.

yeah, they likely are for me too, but the thought of one nice day taking the roof off my 914 and just 2 of us going for a ride keeps me going!

I remember too well putting my driving gloves on, taking the roof off and driving up the old Hope-Princeton highway in the wee hours pushing the Michelin XWX's to their limits.. 4 wheel drifts at 100+ mph is a feeling that, as Porsche says, there is NO substitute for! The one and only slalom I entered with that car I handily whupped all the 911's and their stodgy old drivers, but one tipped over pylon cost me a second and put me back to 2nd place by .3! :-(

A harley would be fun, but I've always been a tad partial to the beemer bikes and their stealthy ways... Received on Fri Jun 06 2003 - 12:09:40 CDT