Re: problems oracle 8.1.7.4

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 16:05:21 GMT

jayme_at_dcc.ufmg.br said...

> I'm doing the following query:
>
> SELECT ID, TITULO, RESUMO, 'M' "TIPO" FROM TBOMDBMAT0;
> The column Tipo doesn't exist in my TBOMDBMAT0 table. But I would like
> that
> it appears in my record set with the value M. This is not working on
> 8.1.7.4
> version but it was working on version 8.1.6.?
>
> Any sugestions?
>
> +---------------------------------------------+
> | Jayme Assuncao Casimiro |
> | Graduado em Ciência da Computação |
> | Estudante de Mestrado em Computação |
> | Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais - UFMG |
> +---------------------------------------------+

I assume you want the literal 'M' to appear along with other "real" columns from your TBOMDBMATO table. Well, the following works on my 8.1.7 database:

SQL> select dummy, 'M' "TIPO" from dual;

D T
- -
X M

If you're saying that you want "TIPO" to appear and not just "T":

SQL> select dummy, 'M ' "TIPO" from dual;

D TIPO
- ----
X M

--