OCIReset() always fails

From: Knut Stolze <stolze_at_informatik.uni-jena.de>
Date: Fri, 06 Jun 2003 15:55:57 +0200

Hi,

I run into something with non-blocked OCI calls that I can't explain myself and, thus, don't know how to correct. I have the following code:

The output is always this:

OCIBreak() returned with rc 0
OCIReset() returned with rc -1
OCI Error 1013: ORA-01013: user requested cancel of current operation

What I don't understand is why the OCIReset() call fails in the first place. From the OCI Reference, I gather that OCIBreak() must always be followed by an OCIReset() call.

If I try a subsuquent OCIStmtExecute() with the same parameters as shown above, I still get OCI_STILL_EXECUTING. So the loop would not terminate without the "break" statement. If I add another OCIReset(), then I get "ORA-01010: invalid OCI operation".

I would welcome any comments to correct the problem. (I hope it's just me who did something wrong.)

The operating system is AIX 4.3.3 and Oracle version 8.1.7.

--
Knut Stolze