NLS_COMP and indexes

From: Philippe <pbo_at_ifrance.com>
Date: 06 Jun 2003 09:04:48 GMT

I'd like to force NLS_COMP to ANSI instead of default BINARY to have the same linguistic sort order in ORDER BY and WHERE clauses. (My NLS_SORT is 'French')
Will this affect performances ? Will I have to rebuild indexes ? Indeed Oracle documentation specifies :
>>As a final note, when NLS_COMP is set to ANSI, a linguistic index must exist
on the column where the linguistic order is desired. To enable a linguistic index, use the syntax: SVRMGR> CREATE INDEX i ON t(NLSSORT(col, 'NLSSORT=FRENCH'));<<

--
Ce message a ete poste via la plateforme Web club-Internet.fr
This message has been posted by the Web platform club-Internet.fr

http://forums.club-internet.fr/