Re: Oracle 9i - Spatial vs Locator

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 21:50:20 GMT

Brian Peasland wrote:

> IIRC, at least for 9i, Oracle Locator is only installed when you install
> Oracle Spatial. So you'll need to leave Oracle Spatial installed on your
> system if you want to use the Locator portion.
>
> HTH,
> Brian

From Oracle interMedia User's Guide and Reference, Release 9.0.1, Part Number A88786-01 - "Oracle interMedia is a feature that enables Oracle9i to store, manage, and retrieve geographic location information, images, audi..."

Locator is (or appears to be) part of Intermedia. Spatial was the full option, Locator was a very small subset of Spatial capability.

Last time I checked, Intermedia was included in the EE and SE license. (Times change - recommend you recheck!)

Read the above document - there are significant hints about ways to test whether it's available. Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 16:50:20 CDT