Re: How do you set up shared server connecttion?

From: Karsten Farrell <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 16:17:10 GMT

Guido.Konsolke_at_triaton.com said...
> "Karsten Farrell" <kfarrell_at_belgariad.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> > peter_at_nomorenewsspammin.ca said...
> (snipped)
> > Glad to hear you've read the manual; that's a great first step.
> > Apparently you didn't find your answer. Maybe you'll have better luck
> > over at the AskTom site, where Tom explains this in detail (URL will
> > wrap):
> >
> > http://asktom.oracle.com/pls/ask/f?p=4950:8:1090762::NO::F4950_P8
> > _DISPLAYID,F4950_P8_CRITERIA:5414746274062,
> > --
> > /Karsten
> > DBA > retired > DBA
>
> Hi Karsten,
>
> I finally ask this question that I have with me for some time:
> you (and others) do often post useful specific links like the
> one above, that handle the problem of the OP.
> I would like to know if you do a search in this cases
> or do you have a kind of repository, that contains such things.
> Just curious.
>
> Greetings from Germany,
> Guido
>
> PS: I'm pretts sure you don't write those links just
> from the top of your head ;-))

Normally when I read a post, I ask myself: what would I do if I had this problem? One of the nice things is that even if I haven't run into the particular problem, I consider it a very good chance to learn. So I do a little "private" research into the problem, hoping I can pick up a few tips myself along the way.

My first step is usually to search Google. Sometimes that returns way too many hits, but sometimes it's good because these are usually real people struggling with the same problem. Then I go to AskTom because he has examples and is usually very thorough. My last resort (should I admit this?) is to use Metalink (their many irrelavent hits makes me shy away - they need to improve their search engine).

In the process of learning something new myself, I get a chance to help someone else who might not know about (or use) these other resources. I'm proof you CAN teach an old dog new tricks. And no, I'm losing more off the top of my head than I'm gaining. :)

--
/Karsten
DBA > retired > DBA