Re: Oracle 9i - Spatial vs Locator

From: Chris Morgan <chris_at_lynxuk.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 17:21:13 +0100

Hi Brian,

The Oracle 9i Spatial Users Guide and Reference, Apendix C: Locator says:
"Locator is available with both Oracle9i Standard Edition and Oracle9i Enterprise Edition. Spatial is a priced option available only with Oracle9i Enterprise Edition. Spatial includes all Locator features as well as other features that are not available with Locator."

I have inferred from this that basic spatial functionality can be used without having to purchase a Spatial licence.

What I'm looking for is a test like the number of schema objects in MDSYS
to check whether Locator or Spatial is installed, plus the SQL scripts I would need to run to install Locator and Spatial manually.

cheers,

Chris