Re: Disaster Recovery with Oracle

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 15:12:42 GMT

Another marketing speach!!!

> · Eliminates costly standby database licensing

Is this system costly? Or can you give it to me cheaply?

> · Improved security of backups

How? What makes your system more secure than my tape backups where the tapes are locked in a computer room?

> · Clusterable Architecture up to 1000TB

Does this promote offsite storage of backups? If this is disk based, how expensive is the solution going to be just to back up one 50TB database?

Just some thoughts....

Brian Peasland
oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com

 the three"