Running jobs in job queue immediately

From: Ryan Gaffuri <rgaffuri_at_cox.net>
Date: 5 Jun 2003 05:53:12 -0700

I want to use my job queue for parallel processing and run up to 36 jobs at once. Im using now for stress testing, but in the future I want to run batch deltas from stage to master tables in parallel. For example, I have to do inserts,updates,and deletes on the same table then analyze the table. I want to put the insert,update,and delete algorithm into the job queue and run them all at once, then wait for the job to finish and analyze the table(this is easily done with DBMS_ALERT). right now I am running a script that adds 46 jobs to the job queue. It commits after each job is place in the queue from with in a cursor(im not worried about performance so ignore the commit in the cursor).

job_queue_processes = 36
job_queue_interval = 60

Some of these jobs get executed immediately, some wait and wait to enter the queue even when there are 8-10 jobs running at once. How do I get the queue to hit 36 jobs and add a new job as soon as there is a free process? Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 07:53:12 CDT