Oracle 9i - Spatial vs Locator

From: Chris Morgan <chris_at_lynxuk.demon.co.uk>
Date: Thu, 5 Jun 2003 10:30:50 +0100

Hi,

I'm using Oracle 9i Personal as a development tool. The applications I am developing will
later be deployed using a 'proper' Oracle database.

My question is:

Is it possible to de-install Oracle Spatial from my Oracle Personal installation
while leaving the Oracle Locator functionality? I want to make sure that I'm
not accidentally using any of the extra functionality which is not included
by default in Oracle 9i.

Also, how can I detect whether Oracle Locator is installed, as opposed to Oracle Sptial?

Cheers guys,

Chris Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 04:30:50 CDT