[beginner] Why Oracle needs both redo logs and rollbacksegments ?

From: F.Marchioni <NOSPAMfmarchioni_at_libero.it>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 07:34:56 GMT

Hi all,
please forgive the beginner's question, I'm just studying something about Oracle architecture. I'm just wondering why Oracle needs both redo logs and rollback segments to keep track of transactions... reading the manual they seem to pursue a quite similar job....anybody can give me an explanation ?
Thanks a lot
Francesco Received on Thu Jun 05 2003 - 02:34:56 CDT