Re: Slow login after change of server IP address:

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 08:15:37 +0000

Daniel Stephens wrote:

> Problem: After change of IP address on server, login to databases is
> alot slower than before, when doing so from certain machines.

Sounds like a network issue.

You said you changed the NT Oracle server from a token ring to an ethernet and that required the IP address change.

I would that the issue is your actual network config and not the fact that the server happens to have a new IP.

Runs some traceroutes. Have a look at the router config (I assume you're using that between tokenring and ethernet?).

--
Billy