Re: Configuring dispatching mechanism

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Thu, 05 Jun 2003 04:35:32 GMT

You will find some additional information related to the error messages and possible causes listed at http://docs.oracle.com

I suggest your normal course of action be:

  1. Identify the error message, (eg: ORA-00105)
  2. Identify possible causes or actions by using the 'error message lookup' at the link above
  3. Search the documentation for words or phrases in the reply to 2 using the 'search facility' at the link above

In this case, I suspect that it means that the dispatching mechanism is not configured for the TCP/IP network protocol that you are using in your loop back to your local host.

You will find there are 2 actions to take. However, you will find the action to error ORA-00120 much more useful to your scenario.

/Hans