Re: Telnet NT/2000 Server to create a database

From: Rauf Sarwar <rs_arwar_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 4 Jun 2003 19:11:24 -0700

Glen A Stromquist <glen_stromquist_at_no.spam.yahoo.com> wrote in message news:<VatDa.11452$MM4.1863018_at_news0.telusplanet.net>...

> terminal server won't work, not sure about telnet though, I use VNC or

Terminal server can work... with bit of a workaround. I have not tried this with dbca or pre 8i releases but with CREATE DATABASE script, it can.

  1. Create your service and password file with oradim.
  2. Enter SID entry in tnsnames.ora file.
  3. Enter SID entry in listener.ora file and reload. Verify service handler.
  4. From command line, C:\> sqlplus /nolog SQL> set instance <SID> (This is the workaround, thus you have to go thru steps 2 and 3 prior to this) SQL> connect sys/password as sysdba SQL> @CreateDb.sql

Although it is much easier with VNC or pcAnywhere.

Regards
/Rauf Sarwar Received on Wed Jun 04 2003 - 21:11:24 CDT