Re: Storage: SAN, NAS, or Local

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 20:09:38 -0500

Ok, I may not have stated my point as well as I could have.

The challenge is that someone with more control over IT in our shop thinks SAN is a miracle cure. I don't agree with this and was hoping to get some useful info to argue against it (if and when needed).

The comments on the oaktable.net web site were useful.

I suspect the attempt by others (not me) to use SAN for EVERYTHING is flawed, especially if it is as I suspect mixing Oracle datafiles and non-Oracle "who knows what" stuff on the same disk spindles.