Re: Tuning a full outer join

From: Richard Kuhler <noone_at_nowhere.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 23:56:20 GMT

Daniel Morgan wrote:
<snip>

> It would appear that you never ran DBMS_STATS and produced statistics for
> the CBO.

I was showing that example only as a demonstration of how you apparently can't influence the optimizer for the 'anti-join'. I'm not trying to tune that query specifically. My real database is well analyzed and indexed.

> And I'd be far more concerned about the apparent lack of indexes, or at
> least their usage,
> then how Oracle might choose an execution path.

My actual query relies on results that can't be indexed (they come from pipeline table functions).

Anybody have an answer for my actual question? How do you influence the 'anti-join' method of a full outer join query?

Richard Received on Wed Jun 04 2003 - 18:56:20 CDT