Re: SQL - filtering data based on AND condition

From: gospar <no.spam_at_my.place>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 16:49:08 +0200

Hi Holger,

"Holger Baer" <holger.baer_at_science-computing.de> wrote in message news:3EDE0148.7080401_at_science-computing.de...

> Just think about what you're asking the database for:
>
> How in the world would it be possible for a given language_skill entry
> to have at the very same time two (or more) different values?

Two entries are required to describe that a person KNOWS two languages, and that is what I wrote in my examples.

> I think Jimmy understood your problem perfectly well (as I do). He just
> wanted to encourage you to first lookup easy syntax problems in any
> SQL Book of your choice (the Oracle SQL Reference springs to mind) rather
> than post to this NG.

I still think you didn't understand it quite well. Try to write your solution.

> Now to help you at least getting started: AND is the wrong relational
operator.

That is exactly why I pointed out that my given select statement IS NOT a solution.

Regards,
gospar Received on Wed Jun 04 2003 - 09:49:08 CDT