Re: CASE strucrure in PL/SQL

From: Onismus Radebe <onismusr_at_absa.co.za>
Date: Wed, 4 Jun 2003 15:51:08 +0200

: Mere syntax questions should not be asked here but looked up in the
: pl/sql manual for your version (which is evidently, but not surprising
: too much trouble for you to include in your post).

NO!!! Sybrand. Its was not a mere syntax question I was merely asking what am I doing wrong. I did look up for the syntax in the pl/sql manual which didn't help hence I then decided to post. The problems has been solved. Looks like this syntax is only supported in Oracle 9i thus using the pl/sql manual for Oracle 8i wasn't gonna help.

: The code above is awful: you could easily put those hardcoded literals
: in a pl/sql table.

:

But then again what do you expect from guy teaching himself PL/SQL ?

---
Onismus