Re: Oracle Version

From: Paul Drake <drak0nian_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2003 23:10:36 -0700

"Michael McMahon" <mcmahonm_at_mindspring.com> wrote in message news:<bbjdqj$vmb$1_at_slb5.atl.mindspring.net>...
> Is there any way to determine the actual patch level of a database server??
> When querying the V$VERSION view it returns Oracle Enterprise Edition
> Release 8.0.6.1.0 - Production, however I know that this server has been
> patched to 8.0.6.1.2.
>
> Any ideas would be appreciated.
>
> Mike

from the tripwire logs?
the answer is no.
the 5th digit is not representative.

you're on your own for tracking one-off patchsets that have been applied.
i used to track such patchsets in comments in each init.ora file - but in 9.2 - with the use of spfiles, the init.ora file is no longer a good place to document such things.

compare the modify dates of the files of interest (oracle.exe, listener.exe) with those of the patchsets that you store on the oracle server filesystem (in the event that a re-install is required).

sorry.

Pd Received on Wed Jun 04 2003 - 01:10:36 CDT