Re: RAC versus simplistic load-balancing of replicated databases

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Jun 2003 02:58:05 GMT

In my experience 90% of performance problems are poor application design or execution. Look at why first. You could learn quite a lot and save yourself the headache of implementing some sort of database copy. (materialized views springs to mind or simple export/import since it is read only and only changes infrequently.)
Jim

--
Replace part of the email address: kennedy-down_with_spammers_at_attbi.com
with family.  Remove the negative part, keep the minus sign.  You can figure