Re: Please help - ORA 04030: out of process memory...

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 23:00:43 +0200

On Tue, 03 Jun 2003 18:38:54 GMT, "Henry" <henry_2303_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>Thanks Sybrand,
>
>I think the SGA was smaller than physical memory, the database was empty, no
>application yet. The pagefile growed when I ran the upgrade or in particular
>prvtaqis.plb in order to recreate one invalid object left after
>catproc.sql..
>
>Also when I created a new database it was just a default template database -
>rather small even for my RAM...
>
>Anyway thanks for your reply.
>
>Henry

Please brush up your knowledge of the Oracle architecture. The size of SGA is statically defined by parameters, and has *NOTHING* ( I repeat *NOTHING*) to do with the size of the database. The SGA is also by default in *PAGED* memory. Could you *please* issue: show parameter shared_pool_size from sql*plus

384 Mb of RAM is definitely insufficient for the default template database.

The way you respond shows you know absolutely nothing about Oracle. It offends me in your last line you seem to say 'I know better'. That isn't true though.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 16:00:43 CDT