Re: Limiting Privileges....

From: Brian Peasland <oracle_dba_at_remove_spam.peasland.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 17:19:50 GMT

I'm probably not going to give you any different answer than the one to this same question which was posted quite recently.....

The DBA (especially SYSDBA) will have access to anything and everything in the database. This is by design. About the best that you can do is to encrypt data from prying eyes.

Why do you want to restrict your DBAs access?

HTH,
Brian

Nathan wrote:

> I have created some objects (primarily tables and views) using Oracle
> 8i. Now, after transferring the database to an Oracle server at a
> customer site, is it possible to control the access privilege of my
> customer's DBA? To put it in a nutshell, is there a way to provide
> partial access of my objects (not the data in my database) to a DBA.
>
> If DBA must have all the access rights, then is there any possibility
> by which I can bypass the DBA and provide an access to someone like
> Superuser?
>
> Thanks in advance for all your help.
>
> Bye
> Nathan