Re: What kind of a DBA are you?

From: TurkBear <john.greco_at_dot.state.mn.us>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 11:26:07 -0500

tojo <Tojo_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>In article <2942665.1054343799_at_dbforums.com>, member29243_at_dbforums.com
>says...
>>
>> I thought this was an interesting take on DBAs:
>>
>> http://www.dbazine.com/burleson13.shtml
>>
>> Based on this article, I would categorize some DBAs as follows:
>>
>> Scientist DBA - Tom Kyte, Jonathan Lewis, Steve Adams, Noons,
>> Sybrand Bakker
>>
>> Gung Ho DBA - Rich Neimeic, Mike Ault, Don Burleson, Cary Millsap,
>> Daniel Morgan, Norman Dunbar
>>
>> Empathetic DBA - Kevin Loney, Jonathan Gennick, Jeremiah Wilton, Richard
>> Foote, Naill Litchfield
>>
>> Pathetic DBA - Hmmm, best keep this to myself
>>
>> Any other suggestions?
>>

>What about:
>
>Developer DBA - the guy who has to do *everything* (thats me)
>
>And I *know* I'm the only Grateful Dead fan in here...
>
>I'm also into garden ponds FWIW...
>
>-- Tom

Careful Tom, things you know are not necessarily true...I've been a Dead fan since the Merry Prankster days...

( FWIW, I do some development, much DBA, some web page construction, Crystal Enterprise Administration for work [ it is a state agency so we cannot hire too many people, so we multi-task] and Golf ( badly) for fun...)

John