Re: ora-03113 end-of-file on communication channel

From: Stefan <stefan.jahnke_at_bov.de>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2003 18:17:07 +0200

Hi

If it's running on Windows, the ORA-27101 can also simply indicate that the service itself is not running. Check the Windows Services (OracleService<SID>).
How do you shut down your instance ? Oradim ? Check the shuttype (can be either instance, service, or both (I think it was -shuttype <inst | srvc | srvc,inst>, check oradim).
Normally, shutdown abort and startup should help.

Stefan