Re: Storage: SAN, NAS, or Local

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 08:51:49 -0700

Burton Peltier wrote:

> That article did clear up a couple of things for me.
>
> But, I would really like to know if this is one of those things (like RAC
> appears to me) that not really a lot of people are using, at least not yet
> anyway.
>
> Thanks.
>
> --
> <snipped>

Whether a lot of people use something is not a valid criterion from which to make a decision. The decsision should be based upon your organization's specific needs. Then compare those with organizations with similar needs to see if they are adopting this technology.

Off hand I'd say SAN is being used by many of those that can benefit from it. Which has nothing to say about whether
your organization might be in that same category.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu