Please help - ORA 04030: out of process memory...

From: Henry <henry_2303_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 15:27:12 GMT

Hi,

I'm getting this error (ORA 04030: out of process memory...) when I tried to upgrade existing 8.1.7 database to 8.1.7.2.1 and also when I tried to create new instance after I upgraded the server the server to 8.1.7.2.1.

In the upgrade if fails during the catproc.sql. Few objects were invalid after the script but I was able to recompile/rebuild most of them. The one remained invalid - SYS.DBMS_PRVTAQIS. I have got the ORA 04030 again when i tried to run prvtaquis.plb to recreate this package individualy...

During the new instance creation with database assistant I got the same error when addind plsql support - so it probably related to the same problem as in the first case...

I tried to patch the server to 8.1.7.2.7 but it did not helped for this case.

I'm running Win 2000 on Pentium III 600MHz with 384MB Ram and the pagefile growed to 1.6GB during this steps.
I tried to install the same thing Pentium IV with 512MB RAM but same thing... so it does not seem to be a lack of resources but rather some leak in Oracle...

I'm thinking to to try higher version of Oracle but Application we are using is certified to 8.1.7.2 so I would rather avoid that.

Does anyone has similar experience or have any suggestions how to proceed ?

Thanks a lot,
Henry Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 10:27:12 CDT