Re: Oracle9i and AIX 5 compatibility question

From: Ronald Rood <devnull_at_ronr.nl>
Date: 3 Jun 2003 03:57:53 -0700

Wolfram Roesler <wr_at_grp.de> wrote in message news:<Xns938EB63E93D25wrgrpde_at_130.133.1.4>...
> does anyone know if it's possible to run Pro*C applications compiled
> on AIX 5 with Oracle9i on one of the following configurations:
>
> - AIX 5 with Oracle 8.1.7
> - AIX 4.3.3 with Oracle 8i
> - AIX 4.3.3 with Oracle 9i

I am not sure if it helps you but I had to add /usr/lib to $LIBPATH to get some code to run. This surprised me a bit as I expected them to be default locations; it were the same symbols that were missing as in your case.

regards,
Ronald.

http://ronr.nl/unix-dba Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 05:57:53 CDT