rebuild this index

From: Daud <daud11_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 3 Jun 2003 00:20:43 -0700

Is this index a good candidate for rebuild? Oracle documentation says that one should look at the ratio of del_lf_rows / lf_rows where if it is more than, say 0.2, then it is a good candidate for rebuild. Now, for the index below the ratio is 0. The height looks good. But I have read somewhere that says if PCT_USED is low (< 70%??) then it is time to rebuild the index. Any comments for the index below?

SQL> select * from index_stats;

    HEIGHT     BLOCKS NAME                           PARTITION_NAME
                LF_ROWS

   LF_BLKS LF_ROWS_LEN LF_BLK_LEN BR_ROWS BR_BLKS BR_ROWS_LEN BR_BLK_LEN DEL_LF_ROWS

This morning I rebuild one index where del_lf_rows/lf_rows was something like 0.9. After the rebuild our extraction program which was taking over 1 hour to complete in the last few days (before it used to take just over 1 minute) went back to normal. So, now I am trying to find what other indexes will possibly need to be rebuilt.

Thanks
Daud Received on Tue Jun 03 2003 - 02:20:43 CDT