Re: Where is the trcroute utility?

From: Reed Snellenberger <rsnellenberger_at_houston.rr.com>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 05:20:41 GMT

Hans Forbrich wrote:

> Operating system? I find it installed by default in unix and linux, but
> no presence on MSWin.

On a WinXP system (and, I think, on Win 2000 & NT), the utility is named "tracert" and is located in your %WINDOWS%\system32 directory. For the lesser Wins, try the "Help" item under the start menu and search in the index for "trace". If you can find ping in the index, and look under "see related", it ought to get you into the right neighborhood.

Type tracert without arguments to check its syntax -- it's a bit different from the *ix program.

--
Reed Snellenberger
rsnellenberger_at_-omitthis-houston.rr.com