Re: Where is the trcroute utility?

From: Hans Forbrich <forbrich_at_telusplanet.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2003 00:50:26 GMT

Peter wrote:

> I could not find the trcroute utility.
> It is not in oracle_home\ora92\bin
> Where can I find it?
>
> Thanks

Operating system? I find it installed by default in unix and linux, but no presence on MSWin.

From http://www.experts-exchange.com/Databases/Oracle/Q_20078920.html

This utility is not supported in windows platform, so if you're trying to look for it you won't find it. In this case use tnsping instead and test network level with the OS trace commands.

<<<<<<<<<

This is an Oracle supplied utility - or at least trcroute on linux yields an Oracle copyright. But it does not exist on the Win platform. (Similar functionality is offered by TNSPING.) /Hans Received on Mon Jun 02 2003 - 19:50:26 CDT