Re: Q: Moving data to partition tables

From: Pete's <empete2000_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2 Jun 2003 11:29:05 -0700

The quickest probably would be to do an exchange partition. i.e. What you need is the new table partitioned(which is basically a copy current table but with partitions). The caveat is that when you do an exchange partition, Oracle will only exchange the non-partitioned table into only one partition of the partitioned table. So, if you need to have smaller partitions, you'll have to have one huge partition, then after the exchange partition finsihes, you'll need to do split partition.

HTH,
Pete's

The views I may have expressed here are solely my own and not that of my employer.