Re: Oracle 8.1.7: shared pool fragmented - can I clear it on-the-fly?

From: Burton Peltier <burttemp1REMOVE_THIS_at_bellsouth.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Jun 2003 23:04:04 -0500

You should read the following from Metalink.

http://metalink.oracle.com/metalink/plsql/ml2_documents.showDocument?p_database_id=NOT&p_id=62143.1

After having problems with our shared pool simliar to yours, we set the following in the init.ora and don't get the problems we were getting:

shared_pool_size = 314572800
shared_pool_reserved_size = 31457280
shared_pool_reserved_min_alloc = 4200

The shared pool was already set pretty high, but I think the size is relevant in setting the other parm shared_pool_reserved_size, so I included it above.