Re: Oracle Clustering: RAC vs FailSafe

From: Charles M. Goehring <cgoehrin_at_san.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 01 Jun 2003 19:11:40 GMT

Thanks for all the inputs.

I wasn't really conserned about performance but rather admin effort and attention necessary. I guess with disks so cheap and the amount of space we have, archive log mode isn't quite the enslaving beast it used to be. We don't have a full time administrator and nightly exports to backup the data is enough. We are just looking for up time for the system and a platform that can allow the possibility of large growth in the future.

Thankss
Chuck