Re: What kind of a DBA are you?

From: Niall Litchfield <niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 15:17:49 +0100

"Franklin" <member29243_at_dbforums.com> wrote in message news:2943432.1054380103_at_dbforums.com...

> > More generalizing and stereotyping ...
> > this time for a DBA. Just what we DO NOT need.
>
> Hey Burton, lighten up! This is supposed to be a fun thread!

At the risk of sounding empathic :(. I can understand where Burton is coming from, not because of the content - Its one of the most amusing articles I've seen for a long time, but because of two dangers in labelling named individuals - first you may get the labels wrong and offend someone - particularly as at least one of the titles seems to me somwhat perjorative can-do would be a better title than gung-ho, and second you inevitably leave people out.

take a look at http://www.oaktable.net/pageServer.jsp?body=littleacorns.jsp methinks you have some justification.

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA