Re: ORA-12541 please help...

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:44:48 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2003 21:03:13 -0700, "Ashwin" <ashwin21_99_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>class ConnOra {
> public static void main(String [] args)
> throws SQLException, IOException {
> DriverManager.registerDriver(new oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver());
> String url ="jdbc:oracle:oci8:@TEST";

The error is in the snippet above.

The error manual says for the message

Ensure that the supplied destination address matches one of the addresses used by the listener. Compare the TNSNAMES.ORA entry with the appropriate LISTENER.ORA file (or TNSNAV.ORA if the connection is to go by way of an Interchange). Start the listener on the remote machine.

So do the following things
- check for any discrepancies in listener.ora. Your TEST sid likely doesn't appear in it
- do not assume members of this group are going to look up an error message for you.

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat May 31 2003 - 04:44:48 CDT