Re: Java ResultSet from PL/SQL Output?

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 11:44:47 +0200

On 30 May 2003 19:26:54 -0700, may94111_at_yahoo.com (May Nine) wrote:

>Hi,
>
>I'm working through some of the http://otn.oracle.com JDBC tutorials.
>
>I'm looking for some JDBC, PL/SQL syntax which implements this idea:
>
>1. in Java, feed a String[] to a PL/SQL proc call using
>a combo of...
>Connection.prepareCall("plsqlProc(?)"),
>OracleCallableStatement.setARRAY(),
>OracleCallableStatement.execute()
>
>2. in Java, have the PL/SQL proc some how return an object
>which can be easily cast to a ResultSet.
>
>Here is some stuff I know:
>
>I know how to write a simple PL/SQL proc which returns
>a one column varray or nested table.
>
>I know how to make use of
>CallableStatement.getARRAY() to pull this data into a String[].
>
>I know my IDE is telling me that CallableStatement.getResultSet() is a
>valid method.
>
>My question is, what kind of Oracle object do I have my PL/SQL proc
>return so that CallableStatement.getResultSet() will work?
>
>My motivation is to transfer something more complex than a
>simple array across the JDBC-PL/SQL boundry.
>
>-May Nine

Look up resultset or REF CURSOR in your documentation. This question keeps returning, and usually it is being asked by people who think they don't need to do their own research before posting

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Sat May 31 2003 - 04:44:47 CDT