Re: Worst of the worst

From: Joel Garry <joel-garry_at_home.com>
Date: 30 May 2003 15:47:04 -0700

"Niall Litchfield" <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk> wrote in message news:<3ed71dd1$0$29718$ed9e5944_at_reading.news.pipex.net>...
> "Daniel Morgan" <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com> wrote in message
> > > <snipped>
> > >
> > > But my favorite is still the Oracle on SunOS(BSD) install guide with
> > > the SysV installation instructions. Oopsie! Cut'n'Paste is so
> > > productive!
> > >
> > > jg
> > > --
> > > @home.com is bogus.
> >
> > Oopsie?
> >
> > I've got part of it. The 'Oop' stands for Object Oriented Programming.
> >
> > What does 'sie' stand for?
>
> why systems integration engineering obviously :(. Or in fact its just an
> exclamation when something goes wrong. Though clearly any discipline with a
> name like Object Oriented Programmable Systems Integration Engineering is
> likely to a) make impressive powerpoint slides and b) fail dismally.

You guys are a riot! :-)

Actually, I wouldn't expect either of you to get the insider reference, as it is local to SoCal. On Highway 1, just north of Santa Monica, for years and years there was graffiti on a highly visible concrete drainage construct halfway up the cliff. Someone drew a big red and black mushroom cloud and the one word - "Oopsie!"

jg

--
@home.com is bogus.
http://thumb-1a.image.altavista.com/image/16270847