Re: 10i

From: Noons <wizofoz2k_at_yahoo.com.au.nospam>
Date: Sat, 31 May 2003 08:01:19 +1000

"Mikito Harakiri" <mikharakiri_at_ywho.com> wrote in message news:HVLBa.10$ee1.77_at_news.oracle.com...

> Now I begin to understand why people so much in love with open source
> software. Nobody would ridicule, or even worse, sue you for open mind and
> enthusiasm regarding new features exploration.

I don't think the OP has been ridiculed. Just reminded that an NDA is an NDA. Not even by Oracle. All of us have been in the same boat and have not disclosed anything. Why should he?

Not saying I agree with the principle, note. I'm a bit against this "I know what the future holds" attitude, pervasive in the Oracle world. Seen it with 6, 7, 7.3, 8.0 8i, 9i, 9ir2 and now with 10i. As if it matters: nobody in his right mind will touch the stuff until release 2 comes out anyway!

Still, that does not invalidate the NDA. And it's not like it's something unique to Oracle. IBM and Microsoft do a LOT worse in their NDA than Oracle does. That I know from first hand experience.

> BTW, somebody told me there are new road signs with penguins on oracle
> campus. Are they embracing open source?-)

Depends. Can they sell it at a profit? Then yes. ;)

--
Cheers
Nuno Souto