copying a database from one server to another

From: Christoph Kukulies <kuku_at_accms33.physik.rwth-aachen.de>
Date: 30 May 2003 10:39:28 GMT

I have a database left in \oracle\ora81\databases on an NT server which also may have the Oracle server installed, but the server seems to be disabled in NT services. Anyway, I don't want to resurrect that server again, but instead migrate the database left ther to another server running 8i (or maybe 8.0.6 or something, I cannot predict at the moment).

How can I "move" the database to the other server? As said, I would believe it to be difficult to get that server running on that machine and do a full export.

So would it be sufficient to createa a new databases directory and move the control and data files there or what else would be involved?

--
Chris Christoph P. U. Kukulies kukulies_at_rwth-aachen.de