Re: Find Empty Tables

From: Billy Verreynne <vslabs_at_onwe.co.za>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 12:15:43 +0000

SoulSurvivor wrote:

> This is an instance where the original poster is being (or could be)
> helped by software which has been commercially written by someone.
> Usual spam normally comes out of the blue and isnt asked for.
>
> Fine line. Maybe VM should have emailed the original poster instead
> of the NG in this case.

Beg to differ.

Poster want answer _now_. Need to solve problem _now_.

Offering a commercial version that needs to be purchased? That is not offering _any_ help.

Besides, did the poster asked for commercial software that can solve his problem?

No he did not.

So why then feel the urge to offer him that?

And not only that poster, but also use the -same- approach to other people's postings. Pointing them to the URL and telling them that the commercialware tool will solve their problem.

Platinum UK tried exactly the saming thing a few years ago here. I did what I had to do to make that person (Platinum marketing employee btw and not even a techie!) to stop.

And yeah.. You think Sybrand does not suffer fools? I have turned into an even crankier bastard since the mid 90's when I first posted to this group. Please try me out.

--
Billy (busy working on his 4th cup of coffee and hoping the milk will last)