Re: X Input and Output Method patch for 2.7 vs. for 2.8

From: Sybrand Bakker <gooiditweg_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: Fri, 30 May 2003 10:20:27 +0200

On Fri, 30 May 2003 02:51:15 -0400, "Song Zhang" <sozst1_at_hotmail.com> wrote:

>I have an enterprise 450 Sparc machine running Solaris 2.8.
>
>I want to install Oracle 8.1.7 on it. From the installation manual for this
>Oracle release, there are guidances for 2.6 and 2.7 but not 2.8.
>
>Specificly, regarding patch for X Input and Output Method, the number for
>2.7 is 107636-01. What is the corresponding patch number for 2.8? Thanks.

>Add photos to your e-mail with MSN 8. Get 2 months FREE*.

Obviously you need to visit sunsolve or any sun support site to find out whether the patch is still needed at all. Other than that, your question is a solaris question, not an oracle question, and you are posting in the wrong forum

Sybrand Bakker, Senior Oracle DBA

To reply remove -verwijderdit from my e-mail address Received on Fri May 30 2003 - 03:20:27 CDT