Re: How do you grant connection permission to a user?

From: Daniel Morgan <damorgan_at_exxesolutions.com>
Date: Thu, 29 May 2003 19:26:16 -0700

> <snipped
>
> Fair enough, and I agree, but these are only defaults.
> Any Oracle DBA worth half his/her salary is not going to go with the
> defaults.
>
> Regards,
> Paul

And while acknowledging 100% agreement with your statement I would gladly put up $100 USD on a wager that more than 80% of all Oracle installations still have users assigned with the default roles CONNECT and RESOURCE.

And another $100 USD that of those DBAs more than 80% don't know that the CONNECT role is not how one grants the privilege to connect to the database.

Oracle needn't drop the demo role. But they should most certainly rename it to something like 'change_on_install'.

--
Daniel Morgan
damorgan_at_x.washington.edu